ecoAmerica– San Francisco, CA 5/08 to present
ecoAmerica is a non-profit that uses consumer research and strategic partnerships to create large scale engagement programs that build awareness, understanding and action for environmental and climate solutions among mainstream Americans.
Chief Engagement Officer
Lead marketing strategy and management, research, and engagement programs for ecoAmerica. Member of the executive team with significant contribution to organizational strategy, direction, processes and management. ecoAmerica is a non-profit that uses consumer research and strategic partnerships to create large scale engagement programs that build awareness, understanding and action for climate and environmental solutions among mainstream Americans. Oversee and manage all aspects of marketing from research to strategy, planning, branding, communications, outreach, and more; from traditional to new, online and off. Oversee and manage all aspects of ecoAmerica programs, from concept, to design, partnerships, development, launch, and management. ecoAmerica catalyzes programs that engage Americans in climate and environmental solutions: we concept, design, launch and manage programs for 1-3 years, then spin them off to our lead partner for long term sustainability. Oversee this process.
(RED) – Los Angeles, CA and San Francisco, CA 4/06 to 5/08
(RED) partners with iconic brands to sell (PRODUCT) RED branded products. A percentage of the profits from (PRODUCT) RED go to the Global Fund, to end AIDS in Africa. Over $170 million has been raised.
Original team member for the inception and launch of the (RED) campaign. Creation of the (RED) brand, voice and creative guidelines for an entirely new brand and licensing model. Consulted and collaborated with (RED) partners on finding the intersection of the (RED) and partner brands, and how this is brought through their visual expression of the partnership, from product, to packaging, marketing, advertising, experiences/events, online and more, ongoing. Led (RED) marketing team to conceptualize marketing and communications platforms, on which tactical plans are built. Create and manage partner brand and marketing planning process. Relationship management of the Converse, Emporio Armani, and Gap partnerships.
MATTEL, INC.– Los Angeles, CA 0/02 thru 4/06
Mattel, Inc. is the world’s leading toy company
Sr. Brand/Product Manager, Apparel and Accessories, Mattel Brands Consumer Products
Managed over 20 licensees, responsible for over $50 million in income for the Barbie and Barbie Entertainment categories of licensed apparel and accessories. Responsibilities included licensee management, new licensee identification and business development, product development and approvals, marketing and advertising strategy and development, and budget management.
Sr. Producer, WW Brand Image, Mattel Brands Consumer Products
Lead the team responsible for project and agency management in the creation of branding guides, award winning consumer products style guides, advertising guidelines, merchandising guidelines, branding and pr videos, and events. Developed and implemented an online and offline project management system. Received a special achievement award for accomplishments in this role.
MEIGHEN SPEISER CONSULTING – San Francisco, CA 8/01 thru 10/02
Consumer branding, online and offline marketing and branding
Thorobread – Thorobread is a natural functional foods start-up
Co-created branding, marketing and PR which lead to placement of Thorobread products in the San Francisco Bay Area market into 13 specialty grocery stores.
Barber Knight Digital Talent – a talent agency for digital artists, animators, writers and producers
Co developed business strategy. Identified digital entertainment and advertainment opportunities in the New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco markets.
ROBERTSON STEPHENS – San Francisco, CA 7/99 thru 3/01
Robertson Stephens is (was) an investment bank, focused on hi-tech/internet start-up financing
Vice President, Interactive Marketing
Created new department to develop and manage internet-based client relations and marketing. Developed and implemented marketing and business strategies. Hired and managed team to publish, maintain and expand the corporate Web site, interactive online events, and online advertising. Developed best practices for compliance with industry regulations. Web site recognized as “Best of the Web” by Forbes and Thomson Financial.
VISTO CORPORATION – Mountain View, CA 9/98 thru 7/99
Visto.com is a web-based communications manager
Partner Program Manager, Marketing
- Key member in the redevelopment of new consumer product/service and branding. Managed relationship with new partners in the development, implementation and maintenance of customized and/or co-branded products.
- Created and managed co-marketing programs with partners to stimulate product/service registration and usage. Developed affiliate partner program, resulting in the signing of 20 new affiliate partners within first 2 months.
ROBERTSON STEPHENS FUNDS – San Francisco, CA 3/96 thru 7/98
Robertson Stephens Funds is a mutual fund company
Product Manager,Marketing and Interactive Marketing
- Led marketing for fund managers, including direct mail, videos, and placed ads. Managed $15million budget.
- Led team and managed strategic development, analysis and promotion of all Web programs and products, from retail to institutional clients.
- Successfully created and managed three (3) architectural, design, and platform functionality site re-launches, resulting in 400% increase in site traffic from the first to the third generation and positioning the site as the top source of new accounts in the company. Developed and launched a subscriber-based FundCast E-mail program (the first in the industry), online transactions, and live online conference call broadcast capability,
AMERICAN EXPRESS – New York, NY 12/92 thru 12/95
American Express is an international financial services corporation
Project Manager, Marketing
- Created and managed consumer promotion campaign to stimulate charge card usage.
- Worked with IT department to develop proprietary internet-based delivery of leads and collateral. Co-managed restructuring of sales collateral and development of multi-phased sales tools for use in selling to F1000 CFOs. Rewarded for my efforts in this area.
- Developed and managed several direct-response mail and telemarketing campaigns targeted toward travel services consumers.
- Developed competitive research guide and conducted usability training for company-wide usage.
University of San Diego– San Diego, CA, Graduated 5/92
BA, Business Administration – Marketing and Purchasing
University of Guadalajara– Mexico, Summer 2001
Completed levels 5 and 6 of Spanish Language study
U.C. Berkeley– Berkeley, CA, 1999 to 2001
Extension courses in beginning acting, improvisational acting and painting
2011 TreeHugger “Best of the Web” for Nature Rocks social media
2007 International Council of Graphic Design Association Good Business Design
2005 Mattel, Inc. Special Achievement Award
2003 How Magazine Outstanding Achievement Award (team member)
2001 “Best of the Web” (Forbes Magazine)
2000 Best Financial Web site Award (Thomson Financial)
1996-98 Featured in publications (WSJ, Smart Money)
1993 American Express Achievement Award